The phrase “local content” is appearing more frequently in the laws, internal policies and tender protocols of governments and companies around the world, particularly with regard to the oil & gas industry. The main argument to justify the local content rules is the enhancement of the local industry and industrialisation. But is it working? At what cost? How does it affect investors bottomline? A white paper will be prepared after the conference to capture main ideas/recommendations to local content stakeholders.

Local Content Conference Agenda

Day 1

  • 07.30 - 09.00:   Registration/Breakfast
  • 07.30 - 09.00:   Welcome Remarks ,and Opening Keynote Address by H.E Goodluck Jonathan, former president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria
  • 07.30 - 09.00:   Paper: Local Content, FDI and Sustainable Development

SABIC (https://www.sabic.com/en)

Conference Keynote Speaker

SABIC (https://www.sabic.com/en)

A global leader in the global petrochemical industry headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.

70% of SABIC’s shares are owned by the Saudi Arabian government, with the remaining 30% publicly traded on the Saudi stock exchange - a remarkable local content success story.